The cell phone has turned into a fundamental piece of our regular routines. It is no longer just for calls and SMS. We use it to capture photos, record videos, surf the web, and plan personal and professional appointments. However, this is a very fragile item. Although you take care of it, an unexpected fall can ruin everything.
Are you worried you have lost your data, such as photos, videos, music, files, and contacts, due to a broken screen? Fortunately, it is possible to recover them, even if the touch screen no longer works. Of course, if you have made regular backups to Google Drive, recovering your data will be very easy. If not, here are some methods that might help you.
The Screen Is Broken, But The Touch Still Works
This is the most common case and the easiest to manage. First, you need to start by unlocking your phone. If it has a fingerprint sensor, you won’t have any problems. Otherwise, a solution is to connect an OTG keyboard or an OTG mouse to your smartphone, provided it is compatible. It will help you to enter the password or draw the unlock pattern. What follows is quite simple. Unplug the OTG mouse and connect your phone to your computer to recover your data. Here are the steps to follow:
- Interface your phone to your PC using a USB connection.
- Check if the “Mass Capacity” choice is empowered on your telephone. On the off chance that it is not, empower it.
- Open Windows Document Adventurer and explore the “This PC” registry.
- Select your cell phone symbol and peruse its inner memory.
- Pick the documents you need to recuperate, then, at that point, reorder them to an envelope on your PC.
The Screen Is Broken, And TheTouch Screen No Longer Responds
After a fall, your cell phone screen might quit responding or, in the most pessimistic scenario, go dark. Likewise, you will not approach its substance if you don’t have OTG gear helpful to open it. Luckily, there is an answer. What you want to do is to utilize outside control programming to recuperate records from your cell phone.
These devices protect your telephone’s screen onto your PC, giving you admittance to its substance. To utilize them, you should actuate the USB troubleshooting mode on your telephone (well before the screen is no doubt unusable). This mode is primarily expected for designers and is available in the settings.
If your cell phone has USB troubleshooting enabled, we suggest utilizing Chrome Vysor. It is straightforward to utilize Chrome expansion to view and control your Android telephone on your PC.
- Download and install the Vysor Chrome extension on your Google Chrome browser.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC.
- Launch the Vysor app. If the software does not detect your phone, click “Find Devices.”
- Select your mobile. Your telephone screen will be shown on your PC.
- Backup your data.
USB Debugging Is Inactive; What To Do?
If you don’t have an OTG mouse or OTG keyboard, and USB debugging mode is not enabled on your broken-screen smartphone, there is an ultimate solution. It would help if you restarted your phone in “Recovery Mode.” To achieve this, follow these steps carefully:
- Turn off your phone.
- The recovery mode reboot process varies by phone. In most cases, you must simultaneously hold down the power and volume up keys for a few seconds.
- In recovery mode, the power and volume keys navigate between options and select one. Exercise caution, as improper handling could lead to the deletion of your data.
- Once in the recovery menu, connect your phone to your PC to access the files you want to recover.
- After recovering your data, press and hold the power key to turn off your smartphone.
Recover Data On iOS
If you have an iPhone and its broken screen, recovering your files is relatively simple. However, it is essential that long before the screen goes out of order, you have connected your phone to your computer and allowed computer access to your iPhone. Here are the steps to follow to find and save your data:
On A MacBook
- Plug your iPhone into your computer.
- Go to Finder and select your mobile name.
- A window will open, allowing you to transfer your data quickly.
On A Windows PC
This method can only work if you have an iTunes backup. So you can find your important photos, documents, and files quickly.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Launch iTunes if it does not open automatically. Your version of iTunes must be up to date.
- Tap on the “Device” section at the top left.
- Click “Restore Backup”.
- Select the exact iTunes backup from which you want to recover your data.
Prevention And Safeguarding In The Future
Smartphones are our little daily assistant. They simplify our professional and personal lives. However, the screens of these devices are made of glass and, therefore, highly fragile. They can break instantly when they accidentally fall on the ground or elsewhere. Here are some tips for minimizing the risk of drop damage and keeping your data safe:
Always Use A Tempered Glass Case And Screen Protector
These accessories prevent damage to your smartphone and its screen, even if you drop it. In the vast majority of situations, it is the protector that will crack and thus preserve your screen. You will then just have to replace it to maintain the integrity of your screen. However, be careful when removing damaged protective glass.
Back Up Regularly
The golden rule to avoid significant data loss is to back up frequently. Use online storage services, such as the cloud, to automatically save your necessary photos, videos, and files. For an Android smartphone, Google Photos is an excellent ally for backing up your photos. As for the iOS universe, iCloud covers all the cloud parts. The iTunes program allows you to make backups of your iPhone when you connect it to your PC.
Enable Remote Unlock
Make sure remote unlock options, such as face recognition or fingerprint, are enabled. This can avoid having to touch the screen when you have touch issues.
Keep Your Data Up To Date
Keep your applications and operating system updated for security and stability features. Accidents happen suddenly, and they can happen at any time. By taking these simple steps, you can reduce the chances of experiencing significant problems with a broken screen and keep your data safe in the future.
Read Also: How To Permanently Remove Youtube Ads