E-commerce using 3D products is becoming increasingly popular among users and is expected to spread even more shortly. There is evidence that users prefer products that are shown in this mode rather than through the use of two-dimensional photography. This is because the three-dimensional images allow you to interact with the object, increasing the end user’s involvement and purchase probability. But why should you also include 3D products in your ecommerce? Here are all the answers you are looking for.
What Are 3D Products For E-Commerce, And What Are Their Benefits?
3D products for e-commerce are three-dimensional models that facilitate users’ approach to the product in digital mode; through e-commerce platforms and websites. They do this by proposing the 3D image of the product or the possibility of rotating the image at 360° – or through even more advanced techniques, such as mixed reality RM, augmented AR, or virtual VR. Thanks to three-dimensional images, customers who buy online can:
- See the products in the context where they will be inserted (think of furnishings).
- Modify and customize them at will.
- Try them on using your image (useful for clothing and cosmetics).
In other words, the 3D product for e-commerce satisfies customers’ needs regarding online purchases, allowing them to interact directly with the products as if they were in the store.
Types Of Products In 3D For E-Commerce
Here are the types of 3D products used in e-commerce.
- 3D visualization: The products in digital and three-dimensional format are visualized in the final context (a piece of furniture in the room where it will be inserted). You can also test colors, textures, scale, and placement. It is useful for indoor or outdoor furniture or appliances that fit a specific space and meet aesthetic requirements.
- 360° Rotation: 360-degree photo rotation allows customers to examine the product’s details, rendered in HD, from every angle in real time. You can rotate, zoom in and out of the object. It is a frequent feature found on the most popular e-commerce platforms.
- Mixed, Virtual, Augmented Reality (MR, VR, AR): Mixed, virtual, or augmented realities allow you to view products in a digital world (virtual reality) or by merging the real world with the digital one (mixed and augmented reality). Through a suitable viewer, it is possible to interact with the product. It is a rather advanced technology that, at the moment, only large companies can afford. Furthermore, it can be experienced more on-site (in the physical store) than in the homes of users who like to buy online.
Why Are 3D Products Becoming A Must-Have For E-Commerce?
The three-dimensional visualization of the product online, through 3D, is becoming a must for e-commerce because it breaks a major limitation that discouraged online purchases until a few years ago. 3D Photos for Ecommerce allows you to:
- Try the products without actually having them in front of you, simplifying shopping;
- Carry out more specific searches based on personal preferences;
- Favor the informed choice of the product, reducing the number of returns;
- Virtually try numerous items without going to the store, thus saving time and money.
All of this increases sales, customer satisfaction, and brand loyalty.
Are 3D Photos For E-Commerce Only For Large Companies?
If before photographing the product from different angles and uploading the photos to the site was something that even a child could have done, creating a 3D photo requires a little more technical skill. You must rely on digital designers to get a detailed three-dimensional product image. The file must have a certain format, be placed in a certain context, and be interactive.
All of this requires specific skills and, therefore, the involvement of a specialized team: figures who analyze the results of the sale of products, of which a 3D photo has been provided to understand how to improve communication with customers and their experience. The costs to implement 3D in your e-commerce strategy are not contained but not prohibitive. It is an investment that even a small company could consider starting to transform the flagship products into a three-dimensional version.
3D Product In AR And Shopify
Who has been using 3D models on product pages since the fall of last year? The improvement seen is remarkable. Guests collaborating with a 3D model are 44% bound to add the item to their truck and 27% bound to buy it.
Finally, Is It Worth It?
Definitely yes. 3D photos for e-commerce are something that users require but few (yet) offer. It is currently the prerogative of the largest companies and some cutting-edge smaller companies. This means investing in this sector before it is cleared through customs is a forward-looking choice that will give you an advantage over your competitors. It is no coincidence that we are calling it “investment.”