Zoom is an online video conferencing and communication platform that allows users to participate in virtual meetings, webinars, training sessions, and remote communications. It is beneficial if you want to organize meetings and online meetings with multiple participants in virtual rooms, to which you can share the link with all those you want to invite.
Among the sharing methods, there is also the addition of a link to a shared calendar so as to precisely indicate the day of the meeting, the time, and how to access it. Let’s see how to add a Zoom link to Google Calendar.
How To Create A Link For A Meeting On Zoom
Before we see how to add a Zoom link to Google Calendar, let’s see how to create a Zoom link. To create a link for a meeting or webinar on Zoom, you must first have a Zoom account. Here’s how to proceed:
- Log in to your Zoom account from the Zoom website at https://zoom.in/, and log in to your account using your credentials (email address and password).
- Schedule a new meeting or webinar.
- For a meeting, click “Schedule a Meeting” in your Zoom dashboard.
- For a webinar, click “Schedule a Webinar” in your Zoom dashboard.
- Fill in the event details by entering a name for the meeting or webinar, the date and time of the event, and configuring other options such as a password (if necessary), recording options, default meeting room, access options, and advanced options.
- At this point, you can generate the link for the event. Once you have entered all the details, the meeting link will be available at the bottom of the event planning page. It usually has a format similar to “https://zoom.us/j/XXXXXXXXXX,” where “XXXXXXXXXXX” represents a unique ID for the event. Just copy the link, or you can also copy the link by clicking on the “Copy link for meeting invitation” option.
- Once you have copied the generated link, you can share it with the people you want to invite to the event. You can do this via email, instant messaging, or, of course, Google Calendar. After scheduling the meeting on Zoom, you should be shown an option to add the meeting to your calendar, which you need to click on. A dialogue box will open asking if you want to add the meeting to Google Calendar; confirm.
How To Add A Zoom Link To Google Calendar
You may have already created the link on Zoom but have not added it immediately. In this case, to later add the Zoom link to an event in your Google calendar, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google Calendar: Visit the Google Calendar website and sign in to your Google account if necessary.
- Create a new event. Click on “Create” or double-click on an available time in your calendar to create a new event.
- Fill in the event details: In the event creation form, enter the details related to the meeting or event, such as the title, date, and time.
- Add the Zoom link created previously.
- Add additional meeting details, such as a phone number and passcode, if these options are provided in the Zoom meeting.
- Save the event: Click “Save” or “Create” to add the event to your calendar, with the Zoom link included.
- The event will now be visible in your Google calendar with the associated Zoom link. As the meeting time approaches, you will be able to access the link directly from the calendar.
How To Join A Meeting On Zoom From Google Calendar
To join the meeting on Zoom from Google Calendar, follow these steps:
- Your scheduled Zoom meeting should appear in your Google Calendar. To determine the day and time of the meeting, open your Google Calendar and click on the Zoom event.
- Inside the event, there will be a link to participate in the Zoom meeting. Usually, this link is listed as “Join Zoom Meeting” or similar.
- Click the link to be redirected directly to the Zoom meeting.
- Join the meeting on Zoom.
- Once redirected to Zoom, you will be able to access the meeting. To participate, you must ensure that your webcam and microphone are active.